Lawrenceville is a city in and the county seat of Gwinnett County, Georgia, in the United States. The Census Bureau estimates the 2008 population at 29,258. Lawrenceville has six ZIP codes (30042-30046, 30049); it is part of the 678/770/404 telephone area code, which is used throughout metropolitan Atlanta.
Lawrenceville was incorporated by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on 15 December 1821. This makes Lawrenceville one of the oldest cities in the Metro Atlanta Area. The city is named after Commodore James Lawrence, commander of the Frigate Chesapeake during the War of 1812.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 13.1 square miles (34 km2), of which, 13.0 square miles (34 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (0.46%) is water.
About Flowery Branch
Flowery Branch is a city in Hall County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 5,679. It is part of both the Gainesville and Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metropolitan statistical areas.
Flowery Branch was originally named Anaguluskee, a Cherokee Indian word meaning “flowers on the branch.” Other sources claim the original name was Nattagasska (“Blossom Creek”) which most long-term residents recall as a cute alternative nickname for the town. The training camp of the Atlanta Falcons has been located in Flowery Branch since the beginning of the 2005 season. It also contains the Historic Caboose exhibit as well as the Historic Train Depot museum.
Cumming is a city in Forsyth County, Georgia, United States. The population was 5,430 at the 2010 census. However, places with a Cumming mailing address have a population of around 100,000. The city is the county seat of Forsyth County.
The area now called Cumming was first inhabited by Cherokee tribes. They came in 1755, the Cherokee and Creek people developed disputes over hunting land. After two years of fighting, the Cherokee won the land in the Battle of Taliwa. The Creek people were forced to move south of the Chattahoochee River.
Duluth is located in the northeastern section of the Atlanta metropolitan area. Approximately 20 mi (32 km) from Downtown Atlanta, the city lies in the west-central section of Gwinnett County, bounded to the north by the Chattahoochee River (which also acts as the county line), northeast by Suwanee, south by unincorporated land, and west by Berkeley Lake.
Duluth is a city in Gwinnett County, Georgia and an increasingly more affluent and developed suburb of Atlanta. Unincorporated portions of Forsyth County also have Duluth as a mailing address, though this area is outside city limits. Much of the adjacent city of Johns Creek (incorporated in 2006) uses one of the Duluth ZIP codes.
Duluth is a suburb of Atlanta, close to Interstate 85. It is home to Gwinnett Place Mall, Gwinnett Civic and Cultural Center, Arena at Gwinnett Center, Hudgens Center for the Arts and Red Clay Theater. It is also home to Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth, an 81-bed hospital constructed in 2006, as well as GMC's Glancy Campus, a 30-bed facility located near downtown. Nearby attractions include Stone Mountain and Lake Lanier. The agricultural manufacturer AGCO is based in Duluth.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.9 square miles (15.3 km²), of which, 5.9 square miles (15.3 km²) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (0.34%) is water.
Loganville is a city located mostly in Walton County with a small portion of the city located in Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States. The population was 10,963 at the 2009 census.
Loganville is a part of the Walton County board of education. Loganville has a full complement of grade schools from primary to high school.